Wondering how to teach your kids the importance of living green? You could lecture them, read a book, or head to a musical!
Its Not Mean to be Green, The Musical, is a children’s theater production that is currently touring throughout Northeastern states of the U.S. Based on the book, “Its Not Mean to be Green,” by Jamie Kleman, the new play helps children learn what it means to “go green.”
According to the official website:
Like the book, The Musical traces the mental journey of young Michael McDurth from his first encounter with that odd phrase “going green”; through some very strange dreams; and finally to discovering the things that a kid (and his parents) can do to keep Mother Earth from being “quite blue”. The sets for the play are even based directly on [illustrator] Tara Volpe’s colorful and simply whimsical illustrations for the book.
Its Not Mean to be Green, The Musical, opened in April 2010 with a premier at the historic DuPont Theatre in Wilmington, Delaware.
Its Not Mean to be Green, The Musical, includes the talents of:
- TribeSound Studio, musical development and production
- Jamie Kleman, Executive Producer, author of more than 15 books for children, including It’s Not Mean To Be Green
- Barbara Slavin, Producer/Sales Director
- Richard L. Gaw, Playwright
- Tara Volpe, Creative Director, illustrator of 10 of Jamie Kleman’s books
- Patrick Duffy, Producer, co-founder and chairman of The Chatham Bay Foundation
- Tom Wang, Mr. McDurth, experience in the entertainment industry for nearly 30 years
- Sarah Spagnoli, Set Designer, design credits include Delaware-produced shows such as Grease, Anything Goes and You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown
- Chris Cotter, Producer/Composer, performing music and studying multimedia production for more than a decade
- Colin McGetrick, Producer/Composer, creating music for 17 years. He started drafting song ideas as a young teen.
- Joe Acchione, Media and Press Liaison, producing film and video for over 10 years.
The original cast recording was nominated for a Grammy in the Best Musical Show Album category in 2010!
For future tour information, click here. It’s Not Mean To Be Green, The Musical is sponsored by the Chatham Bay Foundation, a 501(c) 3 organization, and all donations are tax deductible. To discuss current and future opportunities, please contact Jamie Kleman at email@example.com.