Its hard to believe, but Spring Break is just a little over 6 weeks away! If you have upcoming travel plans, you’ll want these green travel products for your next vacation.
While you are off seeing the world, keep the Earth in mind! Organic and products made from recycled materials are good choices for the green traveler. Check labels to ensure that harmful chemicals were not used in your sunscreen, suitcases or sunglasses!
- Organic travel size toiletries: Check out these picks from Ely Organics, including shampoo, conditioner, styling gel, body wash and lotion. Toxic cosmetics have been getting more exposure these days, so double-check the ingredients before purchase.
- Eco-friendly sunscreens: Pick green sunscreens that won’t harm marine environments or your skin. Make sure that they are PABA-free and do not contain oxybenzone.
- BPA-free re-usable water bottles: Don’t buy those plastic bottles at the airport! Bring your own reusable bottle and fill it up once you get through security.
- Eco luggage: Suitcase manufacturers are making environmentally-friendly bags that help lighten your carbon footprint, if not your load! Patagonia offers bags made from recycled materials. Heys luggage has created the Eco Case, made from 100% recycled plastic. You can also look to Eco Traveler for a luggage set that’s made from hemp and is PVC free.
- Sustainable sunglasses: With bamboo or recycled plastic, keep the sun out of your eyes with shades that eschew VOCs or formaldehyde glue
- Electronic readers: Don’t weigh down your carry-on with a paper book. e-Readers are lighter and (duh) eBooks are not made of paper.
Even if your next trip is for business, instead of pleasure, consider using these other green travel gadgets: