This Christmas, my family enjoyed a new, eco-friendly fire log as we sat by the fireplace. CleanFlame Firelog Corporation sent us three logs to test out at home this holiday season.
CleanFlame fire logs and firestarters are made of 100% recycled wax cardboard boxes that otherwise cannot be recycled. Instead of sending these materials to the landfill (more than 1.5 million boxes end up there each year), they have been formed into clean burning logs and firestarters.
In addition to this fabulous idea to re-use waste materials, when you burn CleanFlame logs, you help minimize air quality impacts. If you enjoy camping and other outdoor activities, bringing in real wood firewood can also introduce pests or disease to the area (which is one of the reasons you see signs urging campers to use local wood). Why not take along CleanFlame logs instead?
We burned CleanFlame logs on 2 different occasions this holiday season. The fire logs were easy to light, and the flame spread well – none of that annoying burning on one end issue you can face with other log products on the market! A bright, white flame gently warmed the room – perhaps a little less heat than with real wood – but quite nice. We were able to enjoy each CleanFlame fire log for about 2-2 1/2 hours.
You might be surprised that not only is CleanFlame the most eco-friendly fire log on the market, but its also the least expensive of other manufactured firelogs. Consider this additional information from the website:
- 100% recycled material that would otherwise end up in a landfill
- 86% less Creosote than oak firewood
- 80% less Carbon Monoxide than oak firewood
- 50% more heat per pound than oak firewood
- Safe for heating & cooking indoors & outdoors unlike most other firelogs
- Lights easily in any weather with large colorful flame
- Burns up to 3 hours
- No melting, dripping, or sparks
- Can be used with firewood